Thursday, February 19, 2009

teaching to the "A" students

I found a new blog today by a gentleman named Alvin Trusty. His latest blog (as of this post of course) is about both copyright and creating a good PowerPoint presentation. He is able to talk about the first by doing the second. He also mentions some of the creative commons sites which I have listed in my previous post.
So of course the first thing I do is add him to my Google Reader and take a look at his recent posts. I got down to this one which is a video hosted on Yahoo Video where Benjamin Zander, conductor of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra is speaking about a number of topics. The presentation is just under 30 minutes but after 5 minutes I was sold. He first gives a discussion about students that hopeful and those that have lost hope. Then gives a perfect lesson about grading all the students. Now I realize that his class is in music and grading may be a little more subjective then a class in Math or Lang Arts, but I think he has an excellent way of thinking about his students. Take a peek (just watch the first 5 minutes if nothing else) and then come back and let me know what you think...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew - You can use anything from my site. It's all licensed Creative Commons - Attribution, non-profit, share alike.

-Alvin